Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vacations - Trip to Goa :)

I am still in Goa- actually, on the train bound to Bangalore. So, this was supposed to be my five day vacation- away from work.

* * *

So much on my mind and so little time to blog... Okay, let me cut the crap- I feel like such a hormone struck teenager right now. Cool breeze. The "choo chooo" of the train, middle aged women trying to get their children to sleep, Tanvi cuddled up in her seat and me- with a bundle of emotions, thoughts, writing in stark darkness... And that is how I like it. :)

I think I have a story to tell but I want to give it time...

* * *

So, back to the top? Yeah. Vacation. Goa. Sun, sand and surf ( I know Mr. Orwell is turning in his grave! :P). Smoke. Booze. WITH friends.

* * *

Another try. Positive. + . Think Po-si-tive bitch!
* * *
Hm, inspired by Kerouac 's "On the road "- there is something that happens to a person when they read it. Something threatening- a...a rebellion... an attitude...feeling gutsy! Maybe that is why I have not completed it?

My mind wonders... The things I bought- The Buddha, Tibetan flag (must remmember to ask Thup den about it!), stuff from Anjuna flea market, a broken stirrer from a Margarita ( That wasn't bought huh? I think this is a list of souvenirs then) and oh, the leather stuff...

The trip has been amazing 'cause I got to know many people. For starters-
1. Tanvi - Must say, you are not high maintenance! People do not know you yet :)
2. Binayak- Dude! How come we were in the same class for fucking two years?? NOW I will miss you :) I still laugh thinking about your "get/need more grass" story :D ha ha.
3. Thup-den - Forgive me if I spelt your name wrong. You are "Oh- so- cute"! I love your stoned smile. :) I thank you for giving Sid, Tanvi and me some space in the cab! Meant a lot to me and totally appreciate it! :)
And yes, I will remember-
a.Tibet and what is happening there.
b. Do not buy Chinese stuff!( Sorry cannot give up on their food though!).

* * *

DAY 1. Location : Majestic bus stand, platform No.1

Mr. Bow decides to bring Old Monk (!) mixed with Pepsi. Take a swig. Some curse. Some smile. Mr.Bow is extremely excited! Hunt for the loo is on! After 15 mins, Sid points out one- disgusting! Repulsive! But the need to... Finally on the bus and on our way.

Mints-check! Mobile-Check! Luggage- check!Fags-check! Chocolates-check! Cash- who cares? Must be somewhere and lip balm? Oh boy! Totally in!

As I recall, this has been the best bus journey I have ever had. Staying up the whole night, speaking to Tanvi, Anna , Binayak and the others. I still remember, ha ha, the silly "black magic" thing we were discussing... :P

Discussing all crazy shit- from books, drugs to life at large. Anna, must say, I know I took you by surprise and yeah, you surprised me too! :) Gurl, missed you on the second part of the trip. And YOU DID NOT WEAR THE DRESS! :)

Ha ha! Sid, I heard your hostel "experiences" :P Can't forget easily, can I ? ;)

{... knee hurts. What the fuck! The table is rattling like a rabid dog! But I still have to write. Listening to "Hey you" by Floyd - thanks Sid! Perfect song for this mood! And GUY-ES (*wink* he he) no, I am no Über cool person who listens to Floyd, Doors, Beatles or whoever... Maybe it helps to know that the next song I played was "Zindagi" by Ganesh Hegde. Next in line was "Hotel California". I listen to Hip-hop and just love that junk :) }

Finally everyone falls asleep. But- oh my god- the Ghats! In turns I kept lolling on to Anna and Saqib. Nausea. Not good. Getting worse. Wake up!
Bus stops. Broken commodes- relief again- at least for those who are bold enough to venture into the "uncertain", if you get what I mean... The first smokes light up. Smiling faces again. Chole with rubbery maida sheets ( We all know what happened later- ROFL)!

Next stop- morning six. Backpacks, smokes and coffee ambled in and out of the bus. Oh... hm... The feel of humid air... Anywhere near Goa? Pif! Karwar they say.

Back on the bus, talking and me back to lolling, listening to Anna 's and my play list alternatively. And now... relief. Everyone beat but eager. Eager to...

{Lights out again! How the fuck is a person supposed to write in here? then again, how the fuck is a person supposed to sleep in here, eh?}

The mind often wanders...

{Oh! By the way, people in India are very sweet. People in here noticed me writing and they wanted me to switch on the light! Wow! Makes me happy :) But I declined the offer...}

Time- 10.30 A.m
Location- Bus/Taxi stand. Panaji.

Yay! Woohoo! Grab taxis! Hey, I do not climb buses in Bangalore! Why would I take one here? And ditto for the group!

Days 2, 3, 4, blah blah coming up :) Man, this trip was like a movie I think!
By the way, I tried a new style of writing. :P This style of writing has only one rule -"Follow no grammatical rules"

Love,
Ash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment