Sunday, April 25, 2010

The most important poem I have written :)


WHEN I FELT LIKE DADDY’S LITTLE GIRL

I was born in 1990
On a warm summer morning
They said I was a still born baby
And I heard you cried a lot.

Somehow the doctors saved me
And granny believes you love me.
But daddy,
Do you really?

We never see eye to eye,
And never say “hi” or “bye”
But I love you dearly
Though, I pretend otherwise.

Tears roll down my cheeks
When I think of how we craved:
You- just to listen to my voice.
I -just to hug you tight.

But today you held my hands
While the doctors drew my blood,
Knowing I was shit scared
And needed your comfort.

You taught me how to drive
And pointed out each pothole…
And I felt like I tasted heaven
When I felt like daddy’s little girl.

Daddy, please forgive me
For all the times I acted
Like you never mattered.
Now, I just love you so.

Love,
Tuthuri/Attu
a.k.a Ash

4 comments:

  1. Oh Ash.....you have no right to do this to me; how dare you pull my heart out and wring it to dry...But of course I have given you that place and my vulnerability!! It's is exquisite but painful. Thinking of my Papa and Baba. I know for sure that they would have loved it. Baba would have cried copious tears....

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) This one was really from the heart. Can't wait for dad to read it!
    You know he used to call me thuthuri, meaning a crude form of a flute. So I retained that name as well... This one is for him and all the fathers and daughters in the world!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really a very nice piece totally loved it!!!!
    anki...

    ReplyDelete