Saturday, February 7, 2009

7/11/09




A STRING OF THOUGHT….
Ya-aw-wn! Never been this drained out or sleepy… So decided to jump on this rick (auto) and go home. Well, as usual, my mind wanders about… drifting in and out of reality and suddenly it settles on this man- the driver. Nothing fascinating would meet your eyes unless…Unless… you kind of concentrate on his driving style. Okay you must be wondering,”What is she saying?” Well, so am I! : P
REFRESH! REFRESH!!
Okay now about the driver…: P Nope! I have not given up yet! He he
Hmmm… My eyes suddenly settled on him and I noticed the white mop (you could call it his hair: P) and just how aged he was! It was only then I realized that we were moving at a snail’s pace! :O But more than being slow, I realized how dignified he was in his driving, how he adhered to all traffic rules which can rarely be expected from the Bangalorean traffic! And as my mind dwelled and got absorbed in its object of fancy, it came up with deeper questions…
Questions like: “What is his story?”, “who is he?”, “why does he drive an auto?”,”Did his children send him to an old-age home perhaps?” or “Is he happier than me right now?!” and so on… I am still musing over them… Expecting to arrive at an answer is sheer madness!!! Only he could tell and I hadn’t asked.
The auto stops and I realize its time to get down and get going…
I paid and resisted the urge to tip him (never do that in Bangalore!) and around I turned to thank him… And then I discovered the truth… he was deaf.
* photo by meehee!! He he

1 comment: