Monday, February 2, 2009

The colors of Life


Today will be a nice day, I tell myself
Today is a nice day, I believe

I saw the mirror yesterday

And did not recognize myself
But today its different...

I see...myself!


The mirror is a funny thing you see,

It always lies

But today I see the Truth- Les couleurs de la vie! (colors of life)


In the mirror,am crystal clear.
There is a ASH there.
In my eyes are reflected the coolrs of my life.

There is sadness,happiness,fears,tears,love,confidence,weakness,courage,passion and the things that make life.

The mirror shows the future too-it reflects my mind's eye...

There is a him, a me, a family,a dog ...

And children of my own.

But today is a different day, I tell myself.
It is a day to build that future.

Yesterday, I thought, you were my future.

But today is a fresh start as you are no longer there!


Oh how funny, the colors of life are!!


-ASH


*I wrote this poem for my French exam and this is a translated work. Hence it might seem like few lines end abruptly!

No comments:

Post a Comment